Home » » FINISH AND CALL FOR VOLUNTEER

FINISH AND CALL FOR VOLUNTEER


I had to show you my finish for this week.  Surprise....I did some piecing (notice there is some applique).  The pattern is from the book Modern Basics: Easy Quilts to Fit Your Budget, Space, and Style (That Patchwork Place) by Amy Ellis of Amy’s Creative Side. I love modern quilts and even though I’m not much into piecing, this book has some great patterns that I have to try. I had a layer cake that had been waiting patiently for that perfect pattern. I found it in Posie Patch. The fabric is Happy Campers by American Jane for Moda. I love the way the quilt went together.  The instructions were well written and easy to follow making me anxious to try my hand at another pattern in the book.  I like the way this quilt turned out and think it will be the perfect for the cottage during those cool summer nights.


Em of Em Celebrates has a call out for anyone interested in volunteering to make a block for a project to Celebrate Children. I’m participating and hope you will too. This type of block is just the sort of thing I love. I’m especially looking forward to making this block because I grew up near Muncie, Indiana. You’ll have to read her blog to see what I mean by that.


Esch House Quilts has a free pattern for a darling quilt called Inspiration. The pattern button is on her sidebar.

Stay Positive!
Caroll
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. My Quilt Store - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger