Home » » A STAR FOR A WOUNDED SOLDIER

A STAR FOR A WOUNDED SOLDIER


Recently I have noticed many bloggers posting about making a block for quilts going to soldiers. I was visiting Alamosa Quilter and saw that she was making blocks too. She said, “Moda is coordinating making quilts for the Quilts of Valor program. These quilts will be given to Marines injured in the line of duty in Iraq and Afghanistan. They are asking folks to make a star block and send it to them. All the details can be found on the Moda blog post for Just One Star. The deadline for star blocks is May 1, 2011. They don't want just any star block. Click on the link for the block pattern. The block pattern link is to a two page .pdf pattern file. The first page shows a picture of what the finished quilts will look like and the second page is the instructions. They need 1800 blocks to make 100 quilts.”

I decided to make a few blocks too. (Lynn I hope you don’t mind my copying you. I couldn’t have said it any better and I wanted to get the word out.)

 

You may have read on my blog that I’m not much into piecing, mainly because I'm not very good at.  Something like this (above) drives me nuts!
I want all my points to look like this. They say practice makes perfect (or something like that), so I’ll make a few more blocks and see if I can improve. I hope you will join us in this worthy project.


Stay Positive!
Caroll
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. My Quilt Store - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger