Home » , , » JD's TABLE TOPPER CLASS A SUCCESS

JD's TABLE TOPPER CLASS A SUCCESS

Above is the beginnings of the Table Topper we made during JD’s Starlight Mint Mini Mat Table Topper class last Friday at the Attic Window Quilt Shop.  What a fun class.  This table topper is built with eight crazy wedges, using a template piecing method that is fast and fun. 
 Above JD shows us what we are going to be doing during class.  I think the most difficult thing (for me at least) was choosing the fabrics.
 JD demonstrated cutting the foundation pieces.  Next she showed us how to cut the templates using freezer paper then ironing them to the fabric.  This made constructing this table topper so easy.
 After we had made two of the eight wedges, JD demonstrated how to make a perfect feather stitch.  Ooops, I said "perfect."  JD said that life is too short to worry about being perfect.  She prefers to say “this is pretty darn good!”  
 There was time for discussion during class.  Looks like everyone was pretty engaged.
 
 I asked everyone to place their first two wedges on the table so I could take a picture.  Look how different they all are.  That’s what I like about this pattern.  Use different fabrics, and you have a completely different table topper.
Forgive me for showing off, but I had to show you my work in process.  I think that it’s pretty darn good, don’t you. ;o)

I hope I haven’t shown this before.  It’s so darn cute and will make a nice gift for one of my co-workers.  Check out the scrappy tree mug at Pleasant Home.


Stay Calm! Stay Kind! Stay Positive!
Caroll
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. My Quilt Store - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger