Home » » Star light Star bright

Star light Star bright

I have started working on a rather large project, it is a new book from our dear friends Claire Oehler and Nancy Mirman called Constellation of Stars.  It is a collection of paper pieced star blocks that come in two sizes, 12 inch and 5 inch.  By using a wonderful sashing technique with light and dark fabrics, this quilt has the illusion of rings around the stars.  When I first got the book, I thought, oh no, am I over my head.  Fear not.... it isn't bad at all, in fact it is lots of fun.  Claire and Nancy made it easy by giving you great directions and wonderful hints along the way.  I started this quilt last Saturday, as of this morning I have 4  12 inch blocks done and 4  5 inch blocks done....
I'm not sure I will be done with the quilt before the class starts... but I will keep on posting my progress here on the blog.  This class starts in Feb....
A CONSTELLATION OF STARS
PAPER PIECING TECHNIQUES FOR ALL LEVELS
A Constellation of Stars, from the book written by Claire Oehler and Nancy
Mirman showcases  beautiful stars that are all paper pieced.  As I finish a
block, I will hang them in the shop so you can see my progress.  The book
is wonderful, directions include the size pieces to cut, so you can be
confident that your shape will be covered.
If you love to paper piece, this is a quilt for you.
Text required. Class fee $65
Wednesday Feb 8 & 22, March 14 & 28, April 11 & 25
6:30-8:30
OR
Sunday Feb 12 & 26, March 11 & 25, April 15 & 29
12-2
If you love to paper piece, whether you are an old pro or a semi paper piecer, this is a great class.  Each star has a rating, from easy, to medium to difficult.  You choose the blocks that you want to make.  I am doing a selection of easy, medium and difficult, so you can see them in person.
I hope you will join me on this trip to the stars!  :)

Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. My Quilt Store - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger