Home » » Bells and Whistles

Bells and Whistles

When you go to buy a new car they talk about bells and whistles, the extra stuff that cars have.  It's the same thing with sewing machines.  Sometimes those bells and whistles are great to have.  I always think I know my machine pretty well, but then I start a project that requires me to try something new. 
I am now working on our next project for Virtual BERNINA Club.  It's a table mat that incorporates lots of machine techniques.  I strip pieced it and am now adding those machine techniques. 
 First I tried playing with the sideways motion stitches on the 830.  I've never really tried them.  I was amazed to see how wide the stitch can be by using this feature.  I used some varigated threads.  More about that later.....
 Then I went to the floral stitches, I found this adorable pansy flower.  ( Yes, a different thread)
 I went to my satin stitches, found these cute traveling hearts.....( yes, another thread)
 and more hearts.....
then I found these great pine leaves. 
How do you do it?  Choose your stitch, put on the foot the machine wants.... push the button and go. 
Come join us at Virtual BERNINA Club on Saturday Aug 25th at 10.... you can try some of these stitches and learn about all of the great features of BERNINA machines.  Each machine has some great features.  
I discovered something else doing this project.... I am a thread a holic! 
Most people have fabric stashes... I have a thread stash too.  Everytime I see a new brand, a new color, a new type of thread, I buy it.  Do I use them?  I am now... I went over to my thread stash, found some new ones I hadn't opened yet and off I went!  :) 
Stay tuned for my progress on this project.  Next, free motion quilting, then thread painting, raw edge applique..... 

Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. My Quilt Store - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger