Home » » FINISHED AT LAST!

FINISHED AT LAST!

I can’t remember exactly but I think I started this quilt sometime during the fall of 2010.  At least I know I posted about a block here and it is the first block I made in this quilt.  My Whimsical Quilt Garden is by Becky Goldsmith & Linda Jenkins for Piece O/ Cake Designs.  I’m thrilled to say that it is finally finished.  Well, really, I had it finished all but for a couple of the balls in the border.  I finally got it out, did the hand sewing required, made my sandwich (I already had the backing for it…and guess what, the backing was actually with the top! )  So I put everything on the frame and quilted it.  I’m so happy with how it turned out.  You can see it at the Attic Window Quilt Shop.  Following are close ups of some of the blocks. 




I took this close up to show you the balls on the border.  When Becky Goldsmith showed this quilt (or a smaller version of it) at our local quilt guild, it had a different border.  You can see that quilt here.   But I really like the balls!

Now I have to get back to Aunt Millie’s Garden.  I have a little more to do on that one though, so it may take a while. 

Did you see this? Sew Many Ways shows you how to make a darling sachet out of an old dryer sheet.  Check it out.

ATTENTION: I'm linking up to Confessions of a Fabric Addict today.  Check out who else is linking.

Until next time,

Stay Calm! Stay Kind! Stay Positive!
Caroll
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. My Quilt Store - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger