Home » » No pattern, no problem?

No pattern, no problem?

 I try to go to the gym at least 4 days a week.... I love my spin class.  One of the instructors is about to become a dad for the first time.  I have been searching for bike fabric for months.  I found an applique bike pattern so that's where I started.  Then I cut up my fabric into 5 inch squares.  Note to self... next time measure your applique piece to see what size it is, then figure out what size square would fit....
I had to play with different strips and squares to go around the applique


Then I just  played.  I added a few strips, kept adding squares....

and now I am thinking it needs a tricycle to go with the bicycle.  What did we do before the internet?
Lesson of the day, there are no rules for quiltmaking.  Just go with it. 
Have a great day everyone.  Stop in to the quilt shop to say hi and pick up some fabrics for your next project.

Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. My Quilt Store - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger