Home » » organizing.....

organizing.....

 This is pure heaven..... my son moved out, ( no that isn't the heaven part), but I took over his room. 
I do have a sewing room downstairs, which works fine, but I have outgrown it.  My stash, books, etc have spilled over into other rooms.  I created this room which I lovingly call my "reading, designing, scrap quilt, " room.  I have put all of my books in here, ( Thanks to my husband who put it together and to my son who took me to IKEA...).  I have batting stored in the closet, my GO cutter and dies in the closet.  I haven't filled all the shelves.  As I moved books upstairs, I weeded out some, I will donate those to the Danbury Library.  I did organize my books by author.  Eleanor Burns wins the prize, her shelf was filled.  There is a shelf for machine quilting books, Kaffe Fasset books, Alex Anderson books, baby quilt books, vintage quilts, etc.  How long will it stay this way? 
I then moved my BERNINA 550 upstairs and put it in this great little cabinet from Arrow, this is called Auntie Oakley.  It has 4 small drawers on the side, plus a great fold out area.  If company comes... ( heaven forbid), I can fold it all up, drag out the Aero bed and we are good to go!
 In this little nook, I put this chair, this is my reading, thinking, planning chair.  As long as our cat doesn't mind sharing it
I made this little valance for the window, I've never been able to sew in front of a window before.  I can look out over our front yard, and see my flowers, trees, etc. 
Just need to hang up a few pictures, and my room is done..... though maybe we need a few shelves in the closet?

Quilt Shop opens at 9 this morning.  It is cool inside, with lots of pretty new fabrics, kits, patterns and books.  Come on over and say hi, pet some fabrics, start planning your next project.  Don't forget we have tumbler quilts for sale. 
Stay cool everyone!
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. My Quilt Store - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger