Home » » We're still here..... just on a little vacation

We're still here..... just on a little vacation

It has been a crazy week.  Lois has been a little under the weather, so things were a little mixed up.  We are closed Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday this week, and will open at 2:00 on Thursday. 
Don't just think we are laying in the sunshine!  We are busy working on new samples for our fall schedule.  I found a new pattern by one of my favorite quilt designers.... Eleanor Burns
I have just about all of her books.  I even have a rare copy of her first Quilt in a Day book. 
I have a connection with her, she used to teach kindergarten, just like me.  I always loved watching her on her tv show when she would throw the strips over her shoulder.... I wondered who would clean that up!
So every time she has a new pattern, I usually get it.  I found this one last week...
Yesterday I found some of the new Tula Pink fabrics, plus a few more!  ( after all more is better).
 I chose this one for the border.... I like the squirrels.
 So this morning, I started, it is all based on 2 1/2 inch strips, the pattern comes with a template, you make a left and a right pile, and just sew!
I'm just making this a baby size as a sample, but you can make it lap, twin, queen or king sized.
One braid is done, 2 more to go! 
Her patterns are absolutely wonderful, her directions are clear, easy to follow and have great illustrations. 
This will be a class in the fall.  It's easy, and fun. 
Remember, the store might be closed, but we are still here, have a question?  Just post a comment here, and I will get right back to you! 

Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. My Quilt Store - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger