Home » » I MAY NEVER QUILT AGAIN!

I MAY NEVER QUILT AGAIN!


Above is a block that I saw on Don’t Call Me Betsy.   I thought it a great way to use scraps and had to make it.  It will have to do because I may never be able to quilt again.  At least that was what I thought this morning after an early morning perusal of my house.   When did this happen?  How did it get into such a mess?

“That’s it,” I told myself.  “This has to stop!”

The little voice in my head continued its tirade. “New Rule!” it said as I put my fists on my hips and stamped my foot for emphasis (after all, I meant business).  “You cannot go play until your daily chores are done.”

I had to agree as I looked around and wondered how long it had been since I last ran the vacuum. 

I had to agree as I wrote my name in the dust on the TV table. 

I had to agree when I couldn’t find a clean coffee cup because they were all in the sink with the other dirty dishes.

I made a promise to myself right then and there.  I will clean this house first!  Then play. 

I did a pretty good job of sticking to my new rule today, but by mid afternoon I decided to make a slight change to the pledge:  I can go play once my chores are done; however, if they are not completed by noon, I can still go play.  Hey, I’m retired!  Surely I can get some play time.

However, my days of stumbling out of bed, grabbing coffee, and going down to that sewing room to play all day are over.

It is true.  I can’t deny it.  I’d rather “play” any day than run the sweeper, dust, or wash dishes (I don’t have a dishwasher).  I thought I’d died and gone to heaven when I retired.  I could sew and make quilts all day long.  However, I imagine that is only true if you are very rich and can afford a maid and housekeeper, and still be able to buy fabric!

Does anyone else have this problem?  I could probably stick to my pledge if everyone didn’t have so many cute tutorials and patterns out there.  I want to try them all.   Just the other day I saw some fancy shoelaces that I thought would be great for kids.  But I didn’t buy them because Art Gallery Fabrics has a tutorial for making Gang Rocking Shoelaces.  Great gift idea for those kids on your gift list.

Until next time,

Stay Calm! Stay Kind! Stay Positive!
Caroll
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. My Quilt Store - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger