Home » , , » WHAT WILL YOU DO THIS WEEKEND?

WHAT WILL YOU DO THIS WEEKEND?

Remember these?  It seems like I’ve been making tea leaves forever, but I still have only 150 of the 260 that I need.  So, guess what I’ll be doing this weekend.  How about you?  What will you be doing this weekend?
I’ll also be cutting out the 4” background squares (maybe).  I couldn’t wait and decided to just see how things were going to look.  Ugh!  I don’t like this at all.
This is what Buffie’s sample quilt looks like.  I love her subtle colors.  However, I don’t think I’ll be getting that with my 30s fabrics. 
I thought about using grey fabrics for the backgrounds, so I tried placing some leaves on these fabrics.  I think I like it, but I’m just going to continue to make leaves and wait until the Happy Scrappers meet next Saturday.  Buffie said she would help me choose background fabrics. 

ATTENTION:  I know one other thing I will be doing this weekend - attending the West Michigan Quilt Guild's show.  Quilts On The Grand is this weekend (Oct. 5-7) at the Delta Plex Arena in Grand Rapids, MI.  There will be over 250 quilts on display, demonstrations, quilt raffles, special exhibits, and a vendor mall.  I can’t wait for those doors to open!

On another noteBee in My Bonnet has a nice tutorial for an Easy Square in Square.  Since I’m trying to improve my piecing skills, this might be a great one for me to try.  Check it out.

Until next time,

Stay Calm! Stay Kind! Stay Positive!
Caroll
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. My Quilt Store - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger