Home » » HEART OF WINTER TOUR

HEART OF WINTER TOUR

Modern Monday Quilt Along will have to wait this week.  I have lots to tell you about the Heart of Winter Bus Tour.  Above is the bus that arrived at the Attic Window Quilt Shop at 8 a.m. Saturday morning.  You’re probably thinking, so what? 

 I should have gotten a better picture, but if you look real close you can see the Griffins logo on it.  This bus is one of the buses that takes the Griffins (the Grand Rapids Professional Hockey Team) on its trips.  And let me tell you, those guys know how ride in style!

Our first stop was Around The Block Quilt Shop in Portland, MI.  This is a darling shop loaded with lots of samples and fabrics.  Above is a picture of the pattern that was given to each member on the tour. An inexpensive kit was also available.  

These are just a few of the many lovely samples around the shop.

This particularly interested me.  Isn’t this a cute little leaf dish?  The shop owner showed us how to use Inn-Spire to shape fabric.  Inn-Spire is a revolutionary, stiff, non-woven moldable that can be covered with fabric and molded into the design of your choice – bowls, boxes, totes, containers, vases, etc.  

I’ve been on the lookout for bright stripes for a special project I’m working on.  I couldn’t resist and bought these.  I love them!

Around the Block Quilt Shop is a superb shop and I would recommend that if you are ever in this part of the state, stop for a visit.  

Come back tomorrow  and see what we enjoyed on our next stop.

A Farm Wife's Journal has a cute Candy Hearts Table runner tutorial.

Stay Calm! Stay Kind! Stay Positive!
Caroll
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. My Quilt Store - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger