Home » , , » WHAT IS QUILTS FOR WHEELS?

WHAT IS QUILTS FOR WHEELS?

 
On my last post I mentioned Quilts For Wheels and a couple of  people asked what it is.  I’m sorry.  I should have explained that.  Quilts For Wheels is a group of women and men who gather at the Attic Window Quilt Shop and make quilts for people in Wheelchairs.  I blogged about them here.  This group donated over 100 quilts last July to various organizations in Grand Rapids such as Faith Hospice, Mary Free Bed, and the Veteran’s Facility. The group is called Quilts for Wheels, but they make quilts in various sizes from wheelchair to lap size.  

You don’t have to actually attend the group to participate in this worthy cause.  You can donate fabrics, batting, threads, etc.  Or you can do like one man does (and me) make your quilt at home and give it to the group to distribute. 

When thinking about de-stashing, please think of this worthy cause and forward anything you don’t want to the group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop.  Go to the bottom of this blog and you can see a picture of these beautiful women who give so much!

Now, about that picture above.  The shop just got in a couple different sizes of the Lil Twister tool and I had to give the small one a try.  I used only 3 ½ inch square scraps and learned a thing or two.  I should pay more attention to my scraps.  Some of the blocks had a design in them so that when the twister was cut, I lost one of the legs.  Also, maybe I should pay more attention to contrast.  Connie at does an excellent job of working with this tool.  Hop over to Connie's Blog and take a look.  Now I want to use my leftovers and make her Northern Cardinal Runner. 


Where the Orchids Grow has a cute tutorial for a Cuppa Tea Mug Rug.
  
Stay Calm! Stay Kind! Stay Positive!
Caroll
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. My Quilt Store - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger