Home » » MAKE BOOKMARKS FOR RELAY FOR LIFE

MAKE BOOKMARKS FOR RELAY FOR LIFE


I stopped in at the Attic Window Quilt Shop earlier this week to pick up some of the wonderful Malka Dubrawsky fabric that I blogged about yesterday, and ran into Yvonne.  She was making these stunning bookmarks. 
 This is a close up of one of Yvonne’s bookmarks.  She uses the Double Diamond Ruler (by Bright Quilting Notions) to make them.  She said she got half a yard of three different batiks and made about 25 bookmarks.  She plans to donate them to Relay for Life 2012.  When I admired her stitching,  Yvonne said she had so many decorative stitches on her machine that she never uses and thought it would be a fun way to try them out.  I think that is probably true of all of us.  I don’t even know which ones I have on my machine.  Yvonne said that she used Wonder Under on some of the bookmarks and used Pellon 808 on the others because she wanted to make them stiffer.  I think Yvonne qualifies to Angel status, don’t you?  UPDATE:  See next post for tutorial information.

I just love free form quilting.  Maybe it’s because I’m not so good at patchwork and this style is easier for me.  I don’t know, but I really like the modern look that Teresa Down Under has on her site.  There is a nice tutorial too.  It is a great way to use your scraps and reminds me of my recent effort to use up my scraps.  I’ll post about it soon and you can see what I mean.  In the mean time why not try your hand at this free form piecing.
Stay Calm! Stay Kind! Stay Positive!
Caroll
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. My Quilt Store - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger