Home » » STOP TWO ON HEART OF WINTER TOUR

STOP TWO ON HEART OF WINTER TOUR


Next stop on the Heart of Winter Tour was Quilts Plus in Kalamazoo, MI.  When we arrived we were greeted with a fantastic aroma as the owner of the shop provided us with a wonderful lunch of homemade creamy vegetable soup, ham and cheese sandwiches, chips, brownies, and drinks.  After lunch we were ready to shop.  This shop also had scads of samples.  The above Poppy quilt is 36” X 48”.  I’d love to have this in my living room.  The designer is Carol Morrissey.  I'm sorry I don't have information for the other two wallhangings.

These three quilts are ones I’d like to make.  Quilting The Garden (left) is in a book by that name and by Barb Adams, Alma Allen and Ricki Creamer.  I have the book and seeing this quilt has inspired me take another look at it.  

I think I was looking at the middle quilt when I got distracted.  I ran into Denise of Denice's Day blog. We'd never met before but have corresponded frequently and it was so nice to finally meet her.  Back in December Denice even invented the peppermint pattie shortbread cookie and named it after me. You can read about it here.  So you can see why I was so excited that I forgot all about writing down the name of the quilt in the middle. It was in the wool section at the shop.  

The picture on the right is of Summer Baskets 2 by the Quilt Patch.  I love those fabrics the quilter used.

  This is the quilt that really caught my eye.  I’m such a sucker for anything with cats.  These three cats in the tea pot are designed by Needle Work Cafe.  The designer said they have nine different designs and each pattern comes in two sizes for your convenience.  She is also working on a puppy line and hopes to have it available when they attend the Quilts On the Grand show in October.  If you can’t wait until then, you can go to their website here.  

I bought some fabrics and a pattern (think Christmas gifts).  Each member of the tour also received a lovely fat quarter with a sample of Udderly Smooth body cream and an ABC Pocket Guide for sewing machine needles.  Thank you Quilts Plus.  We loved your shop.

Third stop tomorrow.  You won’t be disappointed when you read about this one.

Verry Kerry Berry has a cute mug rug for you..
Stay Calm! Stay Kind! Stay Positive!
Caroll

Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. My Quilt Store - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger