Home » » Hold on Dolly....

Hold on Dolly....

So I thought I would start a quilt from Eleanor Burns new book, Tales of First Ladies.  I had picked out the Dolly Madison quilt.  I bought my fabric, and was ready to go but then.........

 Somehow I got on the "Read Across America" committee at school.  Each year we pick one Dr Seuss book to focus on.  This year it is the Lorax.  After the awful storm in October, the city came and cut down one of the oldest trees at my school.  It just broke my heart.  I put Dolly and her quilt aside... and pulled out my Lorax fabric.  What do quilters do ?  We make quilts.  I cut apart our Lorax panel, added 2 inch strips around each picture, put the pictures in order of the story, sewed it together, put on borders and.........
It's ready to be quilted.  Tomorrow I layer it, I'll quilt it quickly and get it to school.  We are collecting pennies, nickels and dimes to replace our tree. 
Do you know someone who celebrates Dr Seuss day?  This would be a great quilt to make for them.  Think about your child's teacher, the librarian, etc. 
Hold on Dolly..... I'm coming back to you!
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. My Quilt Store - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger