Home » , » BARB VIS DOES IT AGAIN!

BARB VIS DOES IT AGAIN!

The other day when I stopped in at the Attic Window Quilt Shop a gift was waiting for me.  Barb Vis made this darling Strawberry pincushion for me.  You might remember Barb as I posted about her here and her tutorial for the scissors keeper is on the sidebar.
This is a close up.  Check out the intricate embroidery.  The strawberry is filled with emery, a material that is used as an abrasive and polisher and is known to keep your pins and needles sharp.  I think everyone has a favorite needle.  I know they are not that expensive, but for some reason I use the same needle over and over.  I know it is the one I love because of the slight bend from use. It is thin and delicate and perfect for appliqué.  Now this darling pincushion will help me keep that needle sharp and also a place to park it so I will always know where it is.  This small strawberry will easily fit into a project box or small take-along appliqué pouch.  Barb, I can’t thank you enough for thinking of me and giving me this delightful gift.

NOTE:  The new six-month small project series starts today at the shop.  A small project will be featured each month (think Christmas gifts) and also some time savings ideas.  Prior registration required. 

Don’t forget that next Saturday is the Happy Scrapper’s Bee.  Bring projects for show-n-tell.  That includes ideas for ways to use up those scraps.  I’m sure Buffie will have some things of note for us too!

Check out Moda Bake Shop for this interesting Car Organizer!  Great idea


Stay Calm! Stay Kind! Stay Positive!
Caroll
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. My Quilt Store - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger