Home » » YOU'RE NEVER TO YOUNG TO START QUILTING

YOU'RE NEVER TO YOUNG TO START QUILTING

Last Saturday the Happy Scrappers met at the Attic Window Quilt Shop.  I’d like to introduce you to our newest and youngest member.  Elsa is also known as Little Pea on the Peas In A Pod blog (also on sidebar).  She is 7 ½ years old and came up from Kalamazoo to spend the day with us.  Don't you just love the eager smile. 
Of course Mama Pea (Stephanie) helped her with a few things.
Elsa has been sewing for a while and got this beautiful sewing machine last Christmas.  I wonder if she’s named it yet?  I forgot to ask.  Sure is a pretty sewing machine.
Elsa made this paper pieced block during the morning.  Didn’t she do a fantastic job for her first try at paper piecing! 
This is a close-up of her block.  Check out that fussy cut center.  Elsa shared some of those cute little centers with me and I can’t wait to make my own blocks with them.  Thank you Elsa (and Mama Pea) for driving all that way to spend time with us.  It was a fun and we hope you will come again.  I was sorry I had to leave in the afternoon to go to my granddaughter’s open house.  However, I did take lots more pictures of the Happy Scrappers and will share them with you tomorrow.  Until then,

That’s all for today folks!

Mama Love Quilts has a wonderful Dresden tutorial table runner.  Check it out.


Stay Calm! Stay Kind! Stay Positive!
Caroll
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. My Quilt Store - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger