Home » » It can jump over tall buildings in a single bound

It can jump over tall buildings in a single bound

Remember Superman, all the things they would say about him?  Well, my BERNINA 550 is my Super-machine.
I am making the next project for Virtual BERNINA Club, it is based on the Amy Butler weekender travel bag. 
I must admit when I read through the directions I was a bit apprehensive, but then I remembered I had my BERNINA 550.  My 830 is out for it's spa week, getting cleaned and tuned.

The bag is made from home dec weight fabric.  I chose these two prints from Alexander Henry.
It is machine quilted with Peltex in the middle.  It has machine embroidery, cording around the bag, a zipper closure, inside quilted pockets,


Yesterday I did all of the embroidery and got the front and the back put together, 
 This morning I made my zipper panel, then assembled the whole bag.  At one point I had a seam to sew that looked like this!
It's about 7 layers of home dec weight fabric, plus some batting, and interfacing mixed in. 
I sewed slowly, but the machine went through everything with no problems at all. 
I'd love to show you the finished bag... but someone in my house has taken it over.
I just have to make the false bottom on the inside and the bag is done and ready for our Virtual BERNINA Club class on June 30th. 
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. My Quilt Store - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger