Home » » what a day

what a day

Yesterday was the worse day ever.  I have been working on this schoolhouse quilt for a friend of mine.  It was coming out perfectly, it was flat, the quilting was great, the tension on the back was perfect.... Everything was great....

I finished it yesterday morning.... added the sleeve, it was great.  I had some little marks that I wanted to wash out.  Instead of just washing that little section, I put it in the sink...... when I put it in, the water turned red...... I grabbed my Shout color catcher..... but a little pink landed on some of the white sections. 
I left it in the sink, and ran to the computer.... where I read the worst advice ever....
Try color remover.....



If you learn anything from this blog.... this is it.... NEVER EVER EVER EVER USE THIS ON YOUR QUILT.... why you ask?

Look at this....

So..... after I cried... I went back to the sewing room.  Found all of the fabrics again, and started over...
I luckily had enough of the border fabric left.  Phew....
I worked like a crazy person last night, got all the blocks finished this morning, layered it this afternoon and started quilting it again.  I am not taking this quilt anywhere near water.... I'm not taking any chances....
So, if you make a quilt with any red or dark fabrics.... TEST THEM BEFORE YOU PUT IT IN THE QUILT...... The piece that ran in my first quilt was an old piece..... ok maybe 20 years old?  
Not many fabrics run anymore, but sometimes we use old favorites that might!
Hope I can save more quilts out there!

Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. My Quilt Store - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger