Home » » MONSTERS TO MAKE YOU SMILE

MONSTERS TO MAKE YOU SMILE

I recently mentioned that I had been working or several projects.  Well, today I’d like to show you one of them.  Above is the Monster Patch quilt.  The pattern is from Kids Quilts.  It’s not finished yet.  I still have to add the outside border, add a few appliqués, and quilt it.  However, it is turning out so darn cute that I had to show it to you. 
Here and following are close ups of the blocks.
Most of the fabrics I used I got at the Attic Window Quilts Shop and are from Malka Dubrasky’s line.   For more information on those beautiful fabrics check out A Stitch In Dye.  
I had intended to use another piece from that line for the outside border, but thought it was too much, too busy, and I needed something more quiet.
I’m thinking of using a soft turquoise fabric for the outside border that is from Mary Lou Weidman’s line.
I think I showed you this block a while ago.  Now to get this quilt finished!  It’s almost too hot to sew here in Michigan.  Darn!  What’s a quilter to do when the weather is too beautiful to go downstairs to her workroom?   Don’t ask what my excuse was this winter.  I forget!

Carter Quilter has a free pattern for a Posies for Baby quilt.


PS:  I'm Linking up to Freshly Pieced today.  Take a look: 

Stay Calm! Stay Kind! Stay Positive!
Caroll
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. My Quilt Store - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger